Saturday, June 13, 2009

Learning to fly a kite.

I flew the simply kites when I was a kid. A basic triangular shape with a tale and one string. You had to get them up in the sky and hope the wind kept them there. Sébastien introduced me to a whole new kind of kite flying. One that takes a bit more thought and effort. It is still a basic design, but more strings that result in two handles that you control with. Once you get it in the air you can maintain flight rather easily. However, to turn some loops and do other tricks it takes more know how. Sébastien had the hang of some of the tricks and was a professional next to me. I did my best and managed a few tricks, but would nose dive the kite into a crash landing just after.
Preparing for a take-off.
Working on keeping it up.
Keeping it simple.
Looking up.

These crashes happened a lot.
Finally some air time.
 
Showing me how it is done.
It got serious.
Looking up 2.
My handsome man at play.

No comments:

Post a Comment