Saturday, June 13, 2009

The trip across the big pond.

I left Mobile in the afternoon on May 1. We stopped somewhere else in the states to get on the big plane. Then we landed in Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
Léa was very sweet to me on all the flights. She was very good the first short flight. Then on the long flight she had a crying spell, but it was around her normal cry time in the late afternoon/evening. One of the flight attendants was trying to be helpful and has children of her own. She held Léa for a while to give me a rest, but it only lasted for a few minutes. I actually had an extra seat next to me, so we managed. I did not really put her in the extra seat. It was just nice to have the extra space. I had the boppy pillow with me, so Léa slept on it in my lap. She had easy access to the breast that way. Then we had about an hour wait for the plane to Lyon. When we did get on that flight we had a seat belt for Léa.
 I think she did well with take off and landings considering the change in pressure. I just try to give her the opportunity to be sucking during those times. I believe she slept to Lyon. It was a challenge to get myself, Léa, the stroller, and our carry-on things to the baggage area. We did it though. Then I managed to get a cart and get the three pieces of checked luggage onto it. It was a struggle with baby in arms and men who worked the airport standing around not interested in offering help. I guess I was suppose to ask. Oh well. We were in France now. I pushed the luggage cart and the stroller out to the waiting area somehow. It was so great to see Sébastien waiting for us. He wrapped his arms around us and we had a wonderful family hug right there. Then we went to a place to sit for a minute and for me to use the restroom. Sébastien held Léa. I could hear her crying in the restroom. Poor thing: long flights, new place, and getting reacquainted with Papa. Again, it was just awesome to be in France finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment